Our Vision is a community where children feel safe, loved, nurtured, valued, heard and encouraged and are able to develop to their greater potential under the guidance of high-quality education and care.
We value children’s learning and connect our daily work with new theories and research to enhance the learning potentials and possibilities of each child. We aim to provide a safe learning environment with a welcoming atmosphere which creates a sense of belonging amongst the families. We maintain an inclusive environment which acknowledges and respects children from diverse family and cultural backgrounds. We provide pleasing, welcoming, culturally inclusive and aesthetic environment for the children and their families We Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual.
Our Philosophy is our attitude and belief about what we value that will act as a guiding principle for our behaviour. Our philosophy is supported by ECA Code of Ethics core principles and National Quality standards as they insist the requirement of educators’ commitment to maintaining children’s rights and dignity.
At Excellent Education & Care we believe and value ……
- Children as citizens of the world and are capable, curious and founders of their own knowledge
- Children are active agents and contributors in the different social groups in which they participate
- Every child has the right to be valued, safe, healthy, loved, respected, treated equally and viewed as valuable part of the community.
- Children as always learning, asking questions, searching for answers, wondering that everything is possible
- Intrinsic motivation that builds a love of learning, autonomy and independence
- Learning, that is teaching children ‘how to learn’. Teaching a diverse understanding, to be curious, inquisitive, questioning, to wonder, to cooperation, perseverance, respect, confidence, creativity and empathy
- Educators that pay attention to what the children are paying attention to, listening with an open mind, supports and scaffolds their thinking and learning
- Educators’ ongoing learning, asking questions, searching for answers, wondering that everything is possible
- Learning from communicating and critically reflecting on our practices creates a harmonious culture and results in best outcomes for children
- Ongoing relationships between educators, families and children is paramount to a successful community partnership
- families are primary partners of early childhood sector who play a critical role in children’s development
- We believe in supporting and developing a partnership with families to share the nurturing and education of their children.
- building a community that values children, respects their rights and gives them love. We believe that effective collaborative partnership with families and communities enhance children’s learning outcomes.
- Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander forbearers ways of knowing and being should be respected and shared
- We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land, the Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin nation and their language and all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the community.
- Sharing relationships with families built from mutual respect, open communication and shared interests
- Each family comes from a unique background and this is central to each child’s life, and therefore collaborative decision making about child’s learning and development is vital
- Our local community is rich and inviting and there to be explored and experienced together
- Inclusion is the right of every child regardless of their diverse needs. Our educators understand the importance of teaching our children and families about children’s rights
- Each person and their family’s values, culture, beliefs, abilities, and language should be acknowledged and accepted and reflected in the learning environment
- Diversity and inclusion are respected, valued and appreciated by encouraging children, families’ educator and the wider community to support each child’s needs and abilities and utilise resources and services to enhance learning and share knowledge and skills collaboratively
- The learning environment that supports and encourages learning through play
- Play spaces are interesting, inviting and encourage everyone to feel at ease
- An aesthetic environment is a place where children will create many stories and build their character and individual beings and so shall reflect a design with thought made to objects, space and light
- Children are continually making choices in their indoor and outdoor environment, and these involve challenges in their learning
- The natural environment and our opportunity where possible to explore and learn in it
- Children are supported to become environmentally responsible through provided green practices, and they learnt to show respect for the environment